Our little girl is no longer a baby! To celebrate her turning the big ONE we had a party at home with her friends, our friends and neighbours.
The giant one and the streamers were made from crepe paper. Directions are on the marvelous One Happy Day blog.
The felt pinwheels acted as labels for the food. You make them the same way as paper pinwheels, see some directions here. I added a cute button in the middle with a bit of hot glue. We also had “proper” pinwheels in the garden for the kids to play with and take home.
We had a fabulous day celebrating Emily’s birthday. We can’t wait to see what the next stage of her life has in store for us!
My sweet girl is turning one in a little over two months. That is crazy. However this card isn’t for her but for the gaggle of giggling soon-to-be one-year-olds that we know.
Xyron sticker maker
(the last two could be replaced by scissors and glue)
1) Cut out a bunch of ones from your scrapbook paper using your Silhouette (or scissors).
2) Stick a one to the centre of a blank card using the foam squares.
3) Cut out a stack of teeny tiny triangles (you could use silhouette for this too, I wish I had as mine are a bit irregular).
4) Turn them into stickers (or use glue in the next step).
5) Stick them to your card in a bunting-like fashion.
6) Fire up your sewing machine. Stitch over the triangles to represent the bunting ribbon.
7) Make as many as you like & you’re set for birthday season.